DEAR CURIOUS READER,
LET'S CONTINUE EXPLORING THE LAST ISSUE OF 2016 OF SPIRITS BUSINESS. HERE IS A GLIMPSE TO KEY TRENDS. CHECK THE ISSUE FOR MORE !
Key trends in the vodka category ?
- wellness trend continue (with vitamin enriched vodka)
- introduction of local ingredients continues
- smaller scale players will have more difficulties to compete against bigger scale player as shelf space gets reduced
Key trends in the scotch whiskie category ?
- scotch producers will keep developing new products outside of what scotch whiskies appellation authorized
- new distillers keeps opening = new whiskies regions in view ?
- better marketing and packaging to cater need for knowledge
Key trends in the whiskie category ?
- greater focus on terroir and single estate products ?
- bigger group diversifying their portfolio
- consumer concerned with provenance will encourage distilleries to fully own the whole supply chain ?
Key trends in the cognac and brandies category ?
- more interest in Cognac ?
- more mono brand stores ?
- more local brandies ?
Key trends in the gin category ?
- always more independent craft distillers ?
- more local botanicals ?
- more experimental ? from hybrid categories and aging experiments ?
Key trends in the rum category ?
- more interests in pungent rhum agricole ?
- call for rum classification ?
- emergence of new world rhum production ?
Key trends in the Tequila category ?
- super premium categories still soaring
- more experiments with aging tequila ?
- rebirth of tequila in cocktail ?
Key trends in the liqueur category ?
- more focus on natural and less sugary ingredients
- big liqueur players will sign cocktail to increase hegemony
- more craft liqueur made for bartenders ?
Enter your email below to sign up for email updates and have free access to all our 40 pages illustrated guides on whether gin, or tequila, or pastis.. you name it!