DEAR CURIOUS READER,
LET'S CONTINUE EXPLORING THE LAST ISSUE OF 2016 OF SPIRITS BUSINESS. HERE IS A GLIMPSE TO KEY TRENDS. CHECK THE ISSUE FOR MORE !
Key trends in the vodka category ?
- wellness trend continue (with vitamin enriched vodka)
- introduction of local ingredients continues
- smaller scale players will have more difficulties to compete against bigger scale player as shelf space gets reduced
Key trends in the scotch whiskie category ?
- scotch producers will keep developing new products outside of what scotch whiskies appellation authorized
- new distillers keeps opening = new whiskies regions in view ?
- better marketing and packaging to cater need for knowledge
Key trends in the whiskie category ?
- greater focus on terroir and single estate products ?
- bigger group diversifying their portfolio
- consumer concerned with provenance will encourage distilleries to fully own the whole supply chain ?
Key trends in the cognac and brandies category ?
- more interest in Cognac ?
- more mono brand stores ?
- more local brandies ?
Key trends in the gin category ?
- always more independent craft distillers ?
- more local botanicals ?
- more experimental ? from hybrid categories and aging experiments ?
Key trends in the rum category ?
- more interests in pungent rhum agricole ?
- call for rum classification ?
- emergence of new world rhum production ?
Key trends in the Tequila category ?
- super premium categories still soaring
- more experiments with aging tequila ?
- rebirth of tequila in cocktail ?
Key trends in the liqueur category ?
- more focus on natural and less sugary ingredients
- big liqueur players will sign cocktail to increase hegemony
- more craft liqueur made for bartenders ?
Enter your email below to sign up for email updates and have free access to all our 40 pages illustrated guides on gin, tequila and other bonuses.