Dear Curious Reader,
BCB 2018 closed its doors last evening at 7PM after intense three days. What is it to remember ?
1. there are still so many gins out there
Most of the booths again were gin related, specially the smaller stands. The question is: do we need another gin with other ingredients we never heard about? Tonka ? Japanese ingredients ? A huge number of botanicals? Almost no botanicals? Local ingredients? Exotic ingredients? Which region does not have its gin?
Please no misunderstanding, most of the people behind those gins work well. I'm just wondering how long will the category be able to not implode under the weight of innovations...
...AND VERY FEW INNOVATIONS
Seriously ? anything you had not heard about before?
2. MANY GREAT VERMOUTH PRODUCERS CAME
3. SOFT AND FILLERS ARE BECOMING A CATEGORY ITSELF. AND IT IS GOOD.
4. SUNTORY BEAM DID A GREAT WORK SHOWING ITS BRANDS FROM HIBIKI, SIPSMITHS OR MARKER MARKS
5. THE BEST INITIATIVE IN TERMS OF DISTILLATION IS STILL THE FREIMEISTER KOLLECTIV.
6. THE SUPPORTING PROGRAM WAS MUCH BETTER THIS YEAR
THE ORGANISATION OVER THREE DAYS AND BIGGER LOCATION (AND GREAT WEATHER) MADE THIS YEAR A GOOD YEAR!